The purpose of the forum is;
to bring together
- national and local authorities, who are responsible for road network management
- their consultants, who act as service providers and advisors
- the designers and suppliers of traffic technology (large, small and start-up)
- universities running relevant practical and academic courses and
- the public policy makers and research funding providers
in order to
- foster an informed dialogue between the prospective purchasers and operators of transport technology with the designers and suppliers
- Be a unified voice for the ITS sector
- Think strategically about the development of the sector and its future direction
and to do this by
- providing a robust view of the value for money solutions available and in development
- sharing experience from pilot and pathfinder deployment of technologies
- identifying areas / issues for future research funding
- identifying issues requiring national government guidance and / or regulation.
- promoting successful strategies and approaches.
- ensuring members are aware of the national policy context (i.e. On CO2, Air Quality, Industrial Strategy, Future of Mobility).